Tips To Save Money
- Be ready! Not being ready and organized without doubt will cost more.
money on your moving expenses by doing the packing and unpacking yourself.
packing as soon as you know that you are moving. Pack items first
which you don't use often.
all small items in boxes. Everything boxed will save time loading
/unloading and transporting. If possible, use uniform size boxes for
ease of stacking in moving truck. Also make sure boxes are completely
filled to give the box strength for stacking. Don't over filled, box
tops not closed makes it very difficult to stack. If contents permit,
use medium size boxes to prevent being too heavy. Always tape closed
each box to maintain box strength. Pack all cartons tightly. Use
packing tape to support a fully packed carton.
helps us to know which boxes are heavy/strong or light/weak. Please
separate the two box types.
- Wrap long items (brooms, mops, bed rails...) tightly together with tape or shrink wrap to save many loading trips.
- Leave a
cleared passageway to beds, couches, thin flat glass/mirrors and large
furniture. Because we load them first in that order.
color coded tape to signify fragile boxes. Or Clearly mark FRAGILE on
the outside of the carton. Separate breakables and non-breakables.
Use news papers inside the carton top and bottom to provide good cushioning.
designate boxes which must remain in an upright stacked position.
the contents and room destination on the outside of the carton.
moving to storage, please have a variety of cardboard (any size will do) to
be used to protect furniture while in storage.
- Disassemble furniture (extended computer tables, bed frames, big tables, couch legs, or anything for safety, weight, big or space consuming...) that won't fit through doors or difficult to place in truck.
or remove removable shelves from cabinets/bookshelves. Also secure the
doors of cabinets from opening accidentally.
- Notify us of any item that may need special attention because of weak construction, expensive or special handling instructions..
- Designate and plan a good parking space for moving truck to load/unload..
- Get rid
of unwanted items. Use Craigslist to sell or donate. We can
drop-off to a local thrift shop if you wish (time is money).
course if you are not able to do any of the above, we will provide the service
for you. They're just honest tips to save us time and you money.